Thursday, April 2, 2009

All things belong to whom?

1Co 3:21 Therefore let no one boast in men. For all things are yours:

1Co 3:22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas, or the world or life or death, or things present or things to come--all are yours.

Paul tells us in the book of Corinthians that all things are yours which means all things belongs to 'me' as I belong to Lord Jesus Christ.

All things here means all things, Paul lists:

  1. Paul or Apollos or Cephas (All Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, Teachers)

  2. The World

  3. Life

  4. Death

  5. Things Present

  6. Things to Come

Q. To whom does the major cities of the world belong?

A. According to 1Co 3:22 it belongs to _____________ (put your name in here).

Q. If everything is Ours or mine, then what change should take in my attitude?

A. If everything is ours or mine, then there should remain no desire to gain anything, except Christ. (Phil 3:10)

Prayer: Dear Lord Jesus I thank you that I belong to you and all things belong to me because I am your bride my Husband. Lord, this wicked self of mine continues to desire gain at all times and moves my heart away from you. My heart is deceived (Jeremiah 17:9) please help me that I can nail my self and the unwanted desires to the cross. Set me free from covetousness, I repent; please wash me with your precious blood. Let my sole desire be to gain You and You alone. In Jesus name – Amen!

No comments: